The latest CKEditor is the greatest CKEditor. This is why it makes sense to always keep your CKEditor for Drupal module up to date. The upgrade process, however, is really quick and painless. All your settings and custom configuration options will be preserved, so you do not need to worry about the changes to the default configuration that you introduced.
Follow the steps below to upgrade your CKEditor for Drupal component to the latest version.
- Backup your CKEditor for Drupal configuration files (
sites/all/modules/ckeditor/ckeditor/config.jsas well as any other files that you have changed in order to customize CKEditor).
- Download the latest installation package (
.ziparchive) appropriate for your Drupal version from the official CKEditor for Drupal website.
- Unpack the contents of the installation package into the
drupal/sites/all/modules/ckeditordirectory, overwriting previous versions of files that are available there.
- Restore the customized configuration files that you saved in the first step of the process.
- Go to the Administration panel > Modules and run the update script (
update.php) as recommeded by Drupal.