Latest CKFinder is always the greatest CKFinder. Each new release brings plenty of bug fixes and new features, so it is highly recommended to upgrade often.
Upgrading CKFinder is an easy task. See the complete upgrade instructions below.
If you want to upgrade your CKFinder installation, proceed as described below.
- Download the latest CKFinder version from the official CKFinder website.
- Backup your old copy of CKFinder to a safe place.
- Temporarily disable access to CKFinder for all users of your application.
- Delete all files from the CKFinder folder (remember to not delete the
userfilesfolder if you configured CKFinder to store files there).
- Unpack the new CKFinder version to the folder where old CKFinder was previously installed.
- Apply changes from the old configuration file to the new configuration file shipped with CKFinder (most of the time, you can simply use the old configuration file).
- (Optional) In you application add a timestamp to the path to
ckfinder.jsto help browsers recognize that the new version of the file is available, e.g.:
- Perform some simple tests to ensure that CKFinder is running fine.
- Enable access to CKFinder for all users of your application.
Upgrading from CKFinder 1.x
var finder = new CKFinder(); finder.BasePath = '/ckfinder/'; finder.SelectFunction = ShowFileInfo; finder.Create();
should be changed in CKFinder 2.x into:
var finder = new CKFinder(); finder.basePath = '/ckfinder/'; finder.selectFunction = ShowFileInfo; finder.create();
Alternatively, you may simply include ckfinder_v1.js instead of ckfinder.js in your application to not worry about changes in the API . ckfinder_v1.js contains a comptibility pack that makes ugrading from 1.x even easier thanks to bringing back old function names used in CKFinder 1.x.
This method of upgrading is not the same as the first method. When using ckfinder_v1.js, an extra file named ckfinder.html is used to create CKFinder instance, for better performance the first method should be used instead.
This method is similar to method (2), but does not require any changes in existing applications. Instead, we just rename some files from CKFinder package.
- Rename ckfinder.js to ckfinder_v2.js
- Rename ckfinder_v1.js to ckfinder.js
- In ckfinder.html change: into
Note: this method is not recommended, because you'll have to repeat steps above everytime you download a newer version of CKFinder.